Columbus Car Accident Attorney
We Know It’s Far More Than A Car Crash. Call 706-748-8382 For Proven Help.
For many lawyers, an auto accident case is just another file. At Crawford & Brown Law Firm LLP, we understand that it’s far more than that: It’s your life turned upside down. It’s unexpected medical bills. It’s paychecks lost. Sometimes, it’s lives lost.
Our Georgia-based law firm is here to help you recover compensation for all your losses to help you move forward. We provide personal, responsive service coupled with extensive trial experience.
Our Columbus auto accident attorneys have handled cases involving:
- Head-on collisions
- Rear-end accidents
- SUV and van rollovers
- Distracted driving or texting
- Drunk driving
- Uninsured or underinsured drivers
- Auto accidents involving pedestrians
- Bicycles struck by vehicles
Understanding Georgia Car Accident Laws
If you have been involved in a car accident in Georgia, it can be difficult to navigate all of the laws surrounding your lawsuit. Our experience auto accident lawyers are here to guide you through the process and answer any questions you may have, beginning with explaining Georgia’s laws concerning car accidents.
Georgia Statute Of Limitations
A statute of limitations is a law laid down by each state that governs how long after an accident you are able to pursue legal action against the responsible party.
Georgia Code 9-3-33 establishes the statute of limitations for personal injury cases as two years. This means that you are able to file a car accident lawsuit for up to two years following the date of your accident.
So what happens if you don’t file your case in time? It’s likely that the defendant will request to have the lawsuit dismissed for violating the Georgia statute of limitations. Don’t put your rightful compensation at risk by waiting too long to pursue legal action! Contact Crawford & Brown Law Firm today.
We Have Recovered Millions For People Across Georgia
Our Columbus car accident attorneys are experienced in finding and recovering all available insurance money. We are also skilled in pursuing other avenues of recovery, including highway defect claims against government entities, auto defect claims against car manufacturers, and dram shop claims against bars and restaurants.
We invite you to view a few of our past results, such as:
- A $3.46 million jury verdict on behalf of a bicycle rider hit by a car on Route 315. Even though the defense attorneys claimed that the other driver wasn’t liable, we were able to prove differently.
- A $750,000 policy limits recovery for a driver who rear-ended a very slow truck on U.S. 29. We gathered evidence to prove that the truck’s owner was negligent by failing to repair the engine to such an extent that the exhaust smoke hid the truck’s taillights.
- A $584,000 settlement for a woman who suffered a traumatic brain injury after a relatively minor auto accident. Our challenge was proving that the brain injury was related to the accident and not to the brain surgery the woman underwent less than a month later.
Get Started On Your Case Today
At Crawford & Brown Law Firm, we offer a free initial consultation to discuss your case. The sooner you talk to one of our auto accident lawyers in Columbus, the sooner we can begin working on your behalf.