Comprehensive Injury Representation Backed By More Than 40 Years’ Combined Experience
Dustin T. Brown
- Personal Injury & Wrongful Death 75%
- Insurance & Business Disputes 25%
Dustin grew up in Albany, Georgia and has lived in Columbus since 2002. He attended The University of Georgia undergraduate and continued at UGA for law school. Dustin was a member of the GEORGIA LAW REVIEW, an organization that publishes a respected legal journal. He also worked as a teaching assistant for classes both within the law school and at UGA's Terry College of Business. Dustin graduated from law school with highest honors (summa cum laude) and was selected for inclusion as member to the Order of the Coif society in recognition of his excellent academic performance. Dustin was selected by his peers as a Georgia "Super Lawyer Rising Star" from 2013 to 2017, which is a recognition limited to 2.5% of lawyers under age 40 in Georgia. Now that he's aged out of the young award, Dustin ahs been selected as a "Georgia Super Lawyer" from 2019 to 2022.
Dustin has experience handling variety of cases including business disputes, insurance coverage disputes, personal injury cases, product liability actions for products or vehicles, and consumer class actions. Dustin has trial and appellate experience, and his recent trial success includes verdicts and judgments of $3,461,122; $12,450,000; $637,685.64; and $9,876,605.70. Dustin handled appellate arguments before the Supreme Court of Georgia in a case of importance to Georgia consumers in State Auto Property and Casualty Company v. Matty.
Dustin is admitted to practice in Georgia and Alabama state courts and in the federal courts for the Middle District of Georgia, the Northern District of Georgia, the Northern District of Alabama, the Middle District of Alabama, and the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals. He is a member of the Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, the America Association for Justice, and the America Bar Association. Dustin co-authored the annual survey of Trial Practice and Procedure published by the Mercer Law Review from 2002 through 2005, and he coached the Columbus High School mock trial team for over four years.
- University of Georgia School of Law, Athens, Georgia
- J.D. - 05/2002
- Honors: summa cum laude
- Honors: Member, Order of the Coif
- Honors: With Highest Honors
- The University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia
- B.B.A. - 05/1999
- Major: Accounting
- Georgia, 2002
- Alabama, 2003
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Georgia, 2003
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Georgia, 2003
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Alabama, 2003
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Alabama, 2003
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit, 2003
- Super Lawyer Rising Star, 2013 - 2015
- Annual Survey of Trial Practice and Procedure, (Co-Author), Mercer Law Review, 2005
- Trial Practice & Procedure, 54 Mercer L. Rev. 545, 2002
- Trial Practice & Procedure, 55 Mercer L. Rev. 439, 2003
- Trial Practice & Procedure, 56 Mercer L. Rev. 433, 2004
- Trial Practice & Procedure, 57 Mercer L. Rev. 381, 2005
- Georgia High School Mock Trial - Coach, Columbus High School, 2004 to 2007
- Speaks at local high schools with program to “End Distracted Driving".
- American Association for Justice, Member, 2005 to 2007
- Georgia Trial Lawyers Association, Member, 2003 to 2007
- American Bar Association, Member, 2003 to 2007
- J.M.I.C. Life Ins. Co. v. Toole, 634 S.E.2d 123, 2006, Ga.Ct. of App.
- McGowan v. Progressive Preferred Ins. Co, 637 S.E.2d 27, 2006, Ga. Sup. Ct.
- State Auto Property and Casualty Company v. Matty, 286 Ga. 611 , 2010
- The Legal & Regulatory Environment of Business, Teaching Assistant, Professor O. Lee Reed, 2001 to 2001
- Contracts, Teaching Assistant, Professor Dan T. Coenen, 2001 to 2001
- Butler, Wooten, Fryhofer, Daughtery & Crawford, LLP, Associate, 2002 to 2006